Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Webpage Creation?

Words can barely convey the level of frustration I'm experiencing after spending more than four hours trying to set up a good webpage. It seems like hand coding HTML has become a forbidden craft. I have tried going through Google Sites and Comcast's personal webpage services.

On the Google site, I accidentally selected the wrong site layout template and couldn't find how to change it. Since the template I selected was for non-profit fund-raising type of site, it was not at all a good fit for what I was trying to do. They might have had an option to edit HTML there, I'm not sure. Every edit I attempted would pretty much only let me at the body of the page.

In Comcast's webpages, it would not let me use any hand written html in any shape form or fashion that I could discover. I was able to upload a hand coded page, but it would not allow me to link to it and it changed my file name to something long, complex, and difficult to remember.

I miss Geocities so much! Even Tripod had an option to create your own HTML. I wonder if that's still available or if they've baby-fied their webpage creation tools also. Where can I hire a 5 year old to make a webpage for me? Because I sure can't seem to figure out how this new stuff is supposed to work based on my decade of experience and acing two classes on webpage creation and design.

Heck, I'm probably just having a bad day. Maybe it will all look brighter tomarrow.

1 comment: